Welcome! Franklin Elementary School is a special place with a close-knit, dynamic and diverse community. Every year Franklin parents give generously of their time, money and talent to fund and staff Parent Teacher Association (PTA) programs that provide academic, enrichment, and community-building programs. We support field trips, assemblies, fun seasonal events, science programs, after school academic enrichment and much more. Are you a parent looking to enroll in Kindergarten?
Important Things to Know
- Back to School Packet: Before the first day of school, the school will contact you with a letter about how to access online forms to fill out for school and other information like class assignments. Check the School website for registration information. Note, you will need your child’s Snapcode (which is provided to you by the school) to complete the registration process.
- Back to School Activities: There is usually a Back to School BBQ, Back to School Parent Coffee and an Open House the first week of school. Check this website for updates.
- Drop Off Policy: Franklin is in a wonderful neighborhood but traffic and parking in the morning can be an issue. We encourage parents to walk or bike their students to school but if you do drive, please read the drop off policy so you know what to expect.
- School Lunch: A hot school lunch is offered every day at Franklin or your child can bring a lunch from home.
- After School Care: If you are a working parent or require after care for your child, there are several options for Franklin students:
- Alameda Island Kids – located on the Franklin campus (grades K -5)
- Girls Inc. located at the Santa Clara Girls Inc. location with pick up from Franklin (girls in grades 1-5)
- Alameda Parks and Recreation – RAP at Franklin Park (grades K-5)
- Alameda Boys and Girls Club – ages for programs vary.
- AUSD School Calendar: Download the school calendar so you are aware of holidays and breaks.
- Franklin Parent Handbook: All you need to know about the school is in this handbook written by school staff.
- Newsletter and E- Updates: If you would like to be added to the Franklin PTA newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great way to learn more about the PTA and stay informed.
- School Supplies: While many schools send a detailed list of what your child(ren) will need in the back to school packet, Franklin teachers prefer to wait until back to school night or send supply lists home a week or so into the school year. Your child will just need a lunch or lunch money for the first day of school.
- Kindergarten: If you are a parent with a child starting Kindergarten and did not attend the Kindergarten Information Night, please email Page Tomblin to get on the listserve for K parents for special updates and check out our Kindergarten page.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, with any questions you may have. Thank you and welcome to Franklin Elementary School!